All are invited to attend the FLWCP Leadership Committee Meeting. The agenda is below.
I. Welcome and Introductions (1:30 pm) Dr. Brian Henry
II. FLWCP Co-Chairs Opening Remarks Colonel Tracy Lanier, Kent Thomas
III. Approval of Minutes from the April 2017 meeting Kent Thomas
IV. Reports on active initiatives (listed) Dorsey Newcomb
V. Other old business Kent Thomas
VI. Water System Interconnect – FLW/St. Robert Mayor George Lauritson
VII. Review of other potential initiatives (listed) Dorsey Newcomb
Highlight: Community renewable energy project Bruce Harrill
VIII. Other new business Kent Thomas
IX. Meeting close (NLT3:30 p.m.) Co-Chairs
• Video Production (RVI School District student interns), Dr. Brian Henry
• Missouri S&T technology initiatives in support of FLW, Angie Rolufs
• Embedded Student Partnership, Dr. Brian Henry
• Grass Mowing, Bryan Parker
• Area Youth Sports Programs, Bruce Harrill
• Internship Program (Career Skills Program), Jesse French
• Sentinel Landscape Designation for FLW Region, Kent Thomas
• Collaborative Initiative to Conduct Medical Research, Barry White
Other Potential Initiatives. (future Leadership Committee meetings):
• Missouri Avenue Streetlights (with St. Robert/MoDoT)
• Healthcare Collaboration
• Airport Operations (with Airport Board)
• Forest Management (with USFS)
• Major and Unpaved Road Maintenance (with MoDOT and counties)
• Library Operations (with Mo S&T)
• Trash Pickup and Hauling (with cities)
• Family Services/Counseling (with UM Extension)
• Piney River Portage (FLW, USFS, DNR, and local citizens group)
• Renewable Energy (Local communities pursue renewable energy projects)
Discussion Points for New Initiatives
• What is the opportunity or issue?
• What are the potential benefits and costs?
• Who are the potential partners?
• Should a committee be formed to develop the initiative further?
• Who are the initial committee members?